6 simple things you can do to make someone feel special
Updated: Jun 10, 2019
Mother's Day was last weekend, and Father's Day will be here before we know it. There are special days like these that you want to show the people in your life how you feel about them, how much you love them, that you appreciate them and how much they mean to you.
Here are 6 ways that you can make someone feel special, loved and appreciated not only on special holidays, but on just any day. Because who doesn't want to feel special & appreciated?
1. Give someone a card, just a sweet card expressing you miss them, you wish they were closer, thanking them for their friendship or for something they have done for you. I think getting a card always makes me feel special, especially if it is out of the blue & unexpected.
2. If you have a friend that is sick, run by the store and buy them some oranges, or orange juice, or some soup. Taking that extra step can make someone feel so special, and makes you feel good too. It's a win-win! Being thoughtful is always the way to go.
3. Tell your husband how much you appreciate how hard he works for your family. I feel like I try to reinforce to my husband just how much it means to me that he works so hard to provide this life for us. But honestly sometimes I don't. But when I do, I know it means a lot to him.
4. Tell your wife how much you appreciate everything she does. I feel like my husband is good about this, he praises me about what all I do for our family. I do feel like now that I have committed to blogging, my days are much different. I am in front of my laptop for hours everyday. So grocery shopping, meals, housecleaning, laundry etc is all a little on the back burner. It's like a have a part time/full time job (that I don't get paid for) so like so many women out there, it is hard to juggle all my responsibilities. So hearing
thanks for all you do, to all the Moms out there, would go far and mean a lot.
5. Offer to take your friends kids for the afternoon. Sometimes it is so great to just have a little time to yourself. This is more important I think when people have young kids. My kids are older so I can easily sneak away, but when my kids were younger and my husband would take the kids for the day, it meant the world to me.
6. Tell your kids how amazing they are. Because no matter what, if they drive you crazy sometimes, make messes, don't do what you ask them to do, they are amazing. Tell them how much you love them, how special they are in their own way & that they make your life so much better every day in every way.